Monday, May 05, 2008

NYC Swim

Total: 30 min

I'm in NYC this week visiting family and being totally spoiled! I love this city, I wanna live in this city but how anyone affords it is beyond me! Anyway, my cousin took me to her gym in the Upper East side yesterday. The gym is amazing--6 floors of equipment, gyms, a climbing wall, fitness rooms, pool, sauna, spa, etc. Luckily it was member appreciation week and yesterday happened to be 'bring a guest for free day'. Otherwise it would have cost $40 to get in! My cousin didn't tell me that until AFTER the swim! Can you imagine, $40 for a one time visit to a gym? Ridiculous! And it wasn't an olympic size pool. It was about 10-15m in length and only the width of about 3 lap lanes. But we swam (with lots of flip turns) for about 30 minutes. The best part...my cousin has a waterproff case for her iPod and let me try it out. So very very cool!! If I had the smaller iPod, it would be a fun investment. And it works really well. I recommend it for all you swimmers out there!!

Ok, time to take the dog for a walk, pack the bags and fly home!!

3 comments:

Joe said...

> Can you imagine, $40 for
> a one time visit to a gym?

Umm...NO! Hehe.

Home exchange said...

Well, I had my heart set on living in NY too, but I don't think it's going to happen either! sooo expensive...

Swim Fins said...

40$ for one time is too much!
Waterproof case for iPod.. sounds cool. I would like to get one :)