Monday, January 30, 2006

3400m

Warm-up
600s/300p/200k

Sets
6x50 on 1:00 breath every 5 strokes
3x 100s/200k (no brd)/300p

Cool Down
200s

Total 3400m 1 hr. 20 min

Last week I was so busy every night, I didn't make it to the pool! Shit! And I didn't even do yoga. Agh! Hopefully that isn't a trend! I have been really bad about breathing every 3 strokes lately. I've gotten lazy. I need to do at least one set a workout that focuses on breathing every 5. And gradually I'll work up to not breathing into my turns or off the wall. I was able to hold 2 strokes off the wall before taking a breath, but going into my turns I panic if I don't take a breath. Why is that? I need to adjust my rhythm.

Side note: The woman in my lane tonight was a very considerate swimmer. She stopped inbetween laps and always moved over so I could do a proper flip turn. She never took off right in front of me and left ample room inbetween us! Even though her pace was significantly slower than mine, we never ran into each other! It was amazing!

1 comment:

Linea said...

congratulations! doesn't that make your workout that much more enjoyable?!

ganbatte on the turns! at least they're quick!!