Sunday, October 22, 2006

Toyama Masters Meet (long course)

With any luck I'll try to post some videos of my swims taken by the AMAZING linea!!

But in short...I didn't train and it wasn't my best day in the pool! I swam 3 events: 200Medley Relay (50 free), 50 free, & 100brst. The two 50f were back to back! Brutal! I got 50m cool down inbetween. Not enough to stop the lactic acid build-up.

50 free 35.27 (the 2nd one)
100 breast 136.54

I couldn't see the time clock from 50m away! So I was depending on Linea for my splits. Hopefully they will have the times posted at the pool this week. Not impressive times, but again, I didn't train. Now, if I had the time to train...think of what I could do!!

Total: ~1800m ALL DAY!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

At our meets, 35 is a pretty good time for long course 50 free. As for not being able to see the time clock, have you tried swimming with contact lenses? They work for me.

Kirsten said...

I can't get contact lenses in and out of my eyes!! They scare me.

Anonymous said...

You get used to it! Just ask Isis. She started using contacts for swimming last season.

Linea said...

Joe, you can't get used to it if you can't get them in the first time!!

Believe her when she says she can't get them in. I wish I had had that moment on film....

Kirsten said...

it's true! it was so bad, the store wouldn't let me leave with them. they wanted me to practice more. but i gave up!

maybe i should try again before boarding season!

Anonymous said...

Ya, well, it takes a couple of weeks before you got comfortable putting them in and taking them out. I find that the easiest ones to use are the Acuview lenses (by Johnson and Johnson, I think).