Friday, February 16, 2007

Blah

Last Monday was a national holiday so the pool was closed and there was no practice this week. It's for the best. Last weekend we went winter camping. We actually ended up in a cabin, but between the cold and the smoke from the fire, I woke up with a bad sore throat. That has turned into a mild cough, sinus infection, and a temperature that's been hovering at about 100F all week. I've had cold like symptoms off and on since early December. I'm sick of being sick! But I also haven't let msyelf slow down at all. So, I'm missing a BIG Vday party tonight to "rest." And I'm not going boarding this weekend, so I can "rest." But really "rest" just means study.

In an effort to rest and rejuvenate....I took a hot bath with grapefruit & ginger, boiled water with peppermint aromotheraphy, roasted a BULB of garlic and made a garlic sandwhich, and have been drinking lemon grass tea all night.

I really really want to get to the pool this weekend. But if the pressure in my right eye socket doesn't let up, wearing goggles will be a nightmare!

No comments: