Monday, February 26, 2007

1500m KMSC

500s/200k/300p

Set
10x50 free k/p drills

Total: 1500m 90min.

A really frustrating practice. Our normal female coach went to the slow lane, and another guy jumped in our lane to teach us! Blah! We spent 50 minutes on 10 50's! Boring! I was cold the whole time. So I didn't bother with a cool down...I needed to get in the shower and warm-up.
I wasn't impressed! Why do we bother with drills EVERY week? Shouldn't we work on some strength and endurance training?

4 comments:

Scott said...

That does sound a trifle slow, is there a faster lane you could go in? I mean if you're swimming with a competitive masters swimming club then you absolutely must be swimming some fast intervals in training if you want to swim fast in a race. Jimeinori?

Joe said...

I can't stand drills. I know they are necessary but they are not fun.

Kirsten said...

this is the FAST lane!! And i'm usually leading the lane. although in the last practice, two others decided to go first. They stopped at each 25!! What??? No flip turns-EVER! And even when I waited 5-10 seconds after they left the wall, I would still end up passing them in a 25 and they wouldn't tell me to go ahead! AGH! I was so annoyed!

Scott said...

You're kidding! When I was a child I was told if someone didn't move over we were allowed to swim over them! If you want to be more diplomatic play tag with them - touch their feet every stroke. Swimming rules say if someone touches your feet twice you are to move out of their way at the end of the lap. If they don't then politely ask them if you might go ahead. If they still don't give up their position start working your way up their legs. Trust me, by the time you reach their knees they'll be more than willing to trail behind!