Saturday, March 17, 2007

Quarantine

Yikes, it has been almost 3 weeks since I last posted, but I've got good excuses! I swear!

I went snowboarding March 4th and got run over by San Tache on her board, so I skipped swim practice that following Monday because I was feeling bruised and it hurt to breathe. Luckily, I was just bruised, she actually cracked a rib!! Ouch! But the best part, I was filming it as it happened. You can view it on YouTube. It's rated PG-13 for inappropriate language, but make sure you have the volume turned up, it's pretty funny!!

Last week I skipped swim practice again because I'd spent the weekend in Tokyo and had felt kinda sick all weekend...mild fever, headache, backache, etc. But I just popped tylenol all weekend and I felt okay. So Monday I rested up and started in on my paper (DUE VERY SOON...I'm procrastinating). Tuesday I started feeling stiff all over...instant arthritis in my knees, feet, ankles, wrists?? Wow, it hurt!

And then Wednesday after school I headed to the doctor because my entire body was bright red, my joints really hurt and I had a fever...my teachers were concerned, and I was concerned. The doctor announced.....RUBELLA!! Or German Measles!

What?? Didn't I get a vaccination for that when I was little, and again before college? Could it really be rubella? Well, all the symptoms fit! So I stayed home Thursday and Friday. My joint pain is almost entirely gone as is the rash, but the mild fever still lingers. And my school called this morning to tell me I'm not allowed back at school until the blood test has been confirmed sometime Monday! Oh my!

But actually, it's a blessing in disguise! I'm stuck at home with nothing to do but finish this damn paper!

I'll be back in the pool in April!! I promise!

6 comments:

Joe said...

I'm sorry to make light of your pain but that video was hilarious! Oh f*ck! OH F*CK!!!!

Kirsten said...

glad you liked it!! i think it's hilarious too!!!

Joe said...

You should send it in to David Letterman or something like that. Man, I couldn't stop laughing. From looking reading your blog, one gets the impression that you rarely use foul language so it was so funny to hear you say f*ck so many times! LOL! ROTFL.

Kirsten said...

do those shows allow swear words? it might just be a bunch of bleeps!! he he he

Damien said...

Yes sorry to hear about your accident. It definitely was a funny video though... hope you feel better soon!

Linea said...

i found the whole thing mortifying, thank you very much!

they shouldn't let crazies like that on the hill!!