Friday, March 30, 2007

2500m

1000s
500p
300k
4x100 IM on 2:10
100s
200s

Total: 2500m 1hr

Pool was slightly busy today. I got in a lane with a 10-12 year old boy because he was doing flip-turns-always a good sign! I gained on him in my first 500m, but he held solid the last 500m. A 1000m swim and I didn't pass him once!! Impressive!!! His dad/coach was sitting on the side watching. Then they went over and worked on flip-turns!! Sweet! But where are the formal swim lessons in this country? I haven't seen anything like American Saturday AM swim lessons here! Oh, I forgot...they are probably at school during the summer. Most elementary schools have a pool and the homeroom teacher is responsible for teaching swimming. Wow!

Decided to try a set on the clock. Nothing crazy, but I managed to hold to it, even though I was getting really tired! Slowly but surely I'll work back up to a real workout!!

2 comments:

Joe said...

You gotta love it when you get in a lane with someone who is close to your speed. There's nothing worse than having to lap or be lapped every 2 minutes. Wasn't there an 80's video game called Lap or Die? Actually, it was Skate or Die. Same difference.

Damien said...

Maybe if you see the dad and the boy again at the pool next time, ask them where they train and see if you can go and train with them. I'm sure the boy must have had some kind of formal coaching or done some competitive racing to know how to do a flipturn. Hopefully then you can swim with people who are more your own speed and get a more vigorous workout.