Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Good-bye KMSC

Monday was a holiday here....a much needed three day weekend! A super busy weekend with puppet shows and concerts, good-bye dinners and lunches, and a trip to Kanazawa. And plus the excitement of a big earthquake only 200km away. The swim team usually practices Monday night but the pool was closed so I suggested to some of the ladies that we get together for some food and dinner! And of course it turned into much more. They picked up both San Tache and I 30 minutes earlier than expected and we went to Majorca, a Mediterranean restaurant in the next town over. It was super delicious--salads, pasta, paella, wine, dessert and coffee! Plus I got a few gifts--goggles, a cap, towel, and keyboard keychain! Super cute and useful!! The conversation was a bit forced at first but after the first bottle of wine everyone started having a good time. Unfortunately we drank two more and the next day I thought I was going to puke during my good-bye speech in front of 300 elementary school kids. But I made it through!! Here are some pics from the evening. They are a crazy group...I'll miss my Monday nights!!











2 comments:

Joe said...

Could you feel the earthquake from that far away?

What the heck is a keyboard keychain and why is it useful?

The lady in the grey shirt looks like she was having even more fun than you!

Kirsten said...

oh man....i'm losing it. i meant, kickboard key chain. it's not useful, just cute. my mind is a million places at once.

yep, felt the earthquake for SURE!! pretty strong!