Monday, July 02, 2007

KMSC 1950m

300s/200p/200k/300p/100s

11x50 pull/kick/combi/dash(x2)+ez(x3)

10x25 starts

50s

Total: 1950m 1hr. 30min.

No coach again today, but not many swimmers either. July is "start" practice, so I think attendance is down. Anyway, we had 15 minutes to swim after everyone finished their warm-up before we practiced our starts. So I suggested the 50s. I think everyone in the lane finished.

I hate practicing starts because I feel totally incompetent. I need to go to a week-long start clinic, a one-on-one start clinic with a really friendly and very patient coach. Today after I did about 6, I was given the whistle! Hurray! Wow...they trusted me with the whistle! A few people came up and had to correct my style...but I got it down by the end. A few others were given 'whistle' privileges and really screwed them up. We were almost peeing our suits on the deck! A few swimmers almost fell off the blocks in hysterics because the whistle call was so off!! After the official practice was over, I stayed and watched more people do their starts. It's really amazing how people have such different styles for the same basic function...jump off a block and dive into the water.

I think next week might be my last practice! Sad!

2 comments:

Joe said...

> I think next week might be my last practice! Sad!

Okay, details, details, please! When are you leaving? Where are you going?

Kirsten said...

leaving at the end of July....the rest is top secret. stay tuned on my other blog for details/stories.