Saturday, January 26, 2008

1700m

1000s
300p
200k
100brst
100s

Total: 1700m 45+min

I'm breaking records left and right...4 days in a row! Have I ever? Wow, I should go tomorrow just to make it 5 days in a row. I ALMOST bailed on the swim today. I had a presentation this morning and went for my first fish 'n chips lunch on-campus with some women from my department. I was feeling tired and sluggish to say the least. And really looking forward to starting my quiet Friday night at home watching a free library DVD! But I pushed on. I wasn't hopeful because I went to the 'general' swim. But there was only 1 other man in the lane the entire time I was swimming. It was fabulous--my best day in the pool since I joined. So, I just kept swimming and swimming, hence the 1000m. Felt great to just keep going without anyone in my way, without having to pass people, and without having to 'eye' people at the end of the lane to move on over. It was lovely! And to top it all off...I walked home, several kilometers uphill in the windy cold. Walking was purely motivated by my desire to find the Asian Grocery store. Success--instant miso tofu soup, udon noodles and tofu! Fabulous!

A good day! And a successful 4 days at the pool!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Take my Swimming Survey! It's fun and short. I need your feedback.

https://bluefinrobotics.wufoo.com/forms/swimming-survey/