Thursday, January 17, 2008

August 2007-December 2007 Interim

After leaving Japan and the Kurobe Masters team I wasn't totally lazy for 5 months. I tried to stay active while I was traveling, although I had days of just sitting on trains, buses or in jeeps. When I wasn't sitting around I did some pretty cool things, (I must admit):


Great Baikal Trail: camping and trail building in Siberia near Lake Baikal for two weeks, hiked 3-5km into camp with LOTS of gear: tents, sleeping bag, tools and food! Built a bridge and 67m of NEW trail.

Leo Hostel "Secret" Great Wall Tour: hiked 2-3 hours up to and around the great wall in an area that has NOT been rebuilt. It was a tough trail and you really had to watch your step! But beautiful views!

Annapurna Circuit: trekked 18 days around the Annapurna Mtn. range in Nepal. It was about 300km and took us from about 800m to 5416m over the Thoroung La pass.

Annapurna Base Camp: trekked 7 days up to Annapurna and Machupuchre Base Camp and back.

Rafting & Canyoning at The Last Resort: 2 fabulous days of white water on the Bhote Kosi in Nepal. The second day was much more intense and unfortunately my mom fell out! We also tried canyoning which was lots of fun!!

Triund Trek: while staying in Dharamsala, India I did a lot of walking EVERYDAY. But one Saturday a student and I walked up to Triund, about 18km in 6 hours.

Lazy Swimming: and I did a few laps of luxury at Ideal Beach Resort in Mahabalipuram! Oh, I love that place!!

And now I'm walking all over campus in the UK! An exciting life continues in another country!

No comments: