Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Case of Shingles--blah!

Gross! It's been confirmed by a doctor. I have shingles. I had my suspicions and had checked the internet for symptoms--looked like it might be shingles, but I was hopeful I was mis-diagnosing it. All the doctor did was quickly glance at the rash and confirm it is SHINGLES. Yuck!!

So far it seems to be a mild case and hopefully it will stay that way. I've started taking anti-virals to reduce the growth of the virus, but it doesn't stop it. I just hope and pray I don't get those nasty boils that seem inevitable! I guess this rules out the pool for at least a week or two...until the rash has almost entirely disappeared. I'm so totally bummed about that!

Just when I was looking forward to getting back in the pool after last week's study hiatus...I get a highly contagious skin disease! Just my luck!

2 comments:

Scott said...

Really sorry to hear about you having shingles. Hope you can get through it without too much pain and discomfort.

Joe said...

Ouch! That's too bad. Take care of yourself.