Thursday, April 24, 2008

1100m

500s
400p
100k
100s

Total: 1100 20+min
Price per swim: $5.51

It was a bit quieter today! Thank goodness. I had to share a lane with a recreation backstroker for a few minutes and then I had the lane to myself. When I got in, she was swimming in the normal circular pattern, not the reverse of the fast lane that really threw me off when I first got here. It felt so good to be swimming in the right direction again. My turns felt great and had so much more power. I was flying through them. Except for one...I hesitated a bit coming into the wall, lost my momentum and didn't tuck into the turn like I normally do...wacked my right foot on the wall. Ouch! Hurts the ego more than anything. Hope the lifeguard didn't see it. Kept on swimming but there seems to be a little bruise forming! Oh well!

Hope to get in another swim Saturday or Sunday! And then Monday and Tuesday as well. Flying back to the states on Wednesday. Bye bye Birmingham!

No comments: