Sunday, November 13, 2005

Kurobe Community Swim Meet

Today Linea, Amy, Lydia and I participated in the Kurobe Community Swim Meet! We were a bit of a spectacle, being the only foreigners there. But it was fun and got my adrenaline going! And hopefully I made some new friends at the pool instead of making more enemies (lane traffic issues)! It was my first swim meet in almost 6 years! Wow! Kinda makes me want to join the Masters Team (maybe)! Here are the pics from the meet:

Me, Linea, Lydia & Amy ready to race!


My competition & I after my first race, 50 breast!


Crazy face Linea & Cute face Kazu!

Lydia & Amy in line for the 25 free with the kiddies!


Surprise you're swimming breaststroke!


Linea in lane 6, rockin' a race!


Warm-up:
750s/p

Races:
50 m Breaststroke 42:98
50 m Freestyle 34:24
25 m Freestyle 15:79
25 m Butterfly 18:70

Total: ~1000m

After the meet was over and we picked up our certificates (now proudly placed on the fridge), we went to the Unazuki Beer Gardens--buffet for 14ooY! It was oishii yo!! And we stuffed ourselves!

Next we headed further up the gorge to enjoy the leaves and a hot steaming onsen! The view from the onsen is spectacular--the blue-green of the Kurobe River, the orange and red leaves dotting the mountains, and the snow covering the peaks!

It was a great day! Excercise, food & a hot bath!

1 comment:

Linea said...

Yay, that was such a fun day -even if I did have to swim breaststroke!!!

...I have to update my blog now -and maybe revamp my work outs so I can at least come close to keeping up with you next time!!

xox