Monday, November 21, 2005

Nyuzen Senjouchi Marathon

The Toyama crew after the Nyuzen Marathon. "Marathon" is a little mis-leading if you don't live in Japan. It simply means a running race, not a full 26.2 mile marathon. Our group ran the 5k and 10k. I'm not sure any of us had stellar races, but we all did it in the cold and rain! And maybe it will motivate us to get my butt in gear for the next one (Kanazawa Ekiden)! Although, until I get my hip fixed, I won't be doing anymore running. I'm so NOT a runner!

Post-run onigiri, or rice balls, and nabe, a stew made with miso, tofu, pork, and veggies. It's hot, salty and super tasty! The perfect post race food!

After slurping up our stew, we headed to an onsen, hot spring, to bathe our tired sore cold bodies! And Linea treated us to some special homecooked goodness later that night! Yum!


Many of my junior high school students were also running in the 5k race. And I think they ALL beat me. But they train hard-core!! I on the other hand, have only run twice in the last 4 months! The students who didn't run volunteered along the 10k and 1/2 marathon course. I'm gonna miss them when they graduate in March!

Back to the pool for me!!! It opens Tuesday!

No comments: