Thursday, April 19, 2007

2500m

500s
1000p
400k IM
4x100 IM
200s

Total 2500m 1hr.

Overall a good swim. The kids team was in the pool and took up4 lanes, leaving 2 lanes to ALL the lap swimmers. This looked to be a problem, but another Masters swimmer and I bullied most everyone out of the 'fast' lane. That was part of the reason I decided mid-swim to do a 1000p..."I'm not stopping for ANYTHING-MOVE OVER OR GET OUT!" Motivated to keep people out of my lane, I tried to keep a hearty pace tonight.

Have I mentioned that the entire kids swim team has matching practice suits?? And the their coaches/swim teachers who are all on the Masters team also wear matching suits (albeit different suits than their team suits or their team practice suits). Sometimes I think..."Wow, what a good idea, promote team spirit and also a sense of equality among everyone." And then my mind shifts to a scene: standing in front of a group of parents in North America and suggesting all their kids wear the same suit...and I bust up laughing! I can't imagine trying to get North American parents to go for something like that! And that's exactly the reason why I wear 4 suits instead of going out and buying a new suit that matches all the other Masters swimmers!

2 comments:

Joe said...

I like your nonconformist attitude. It's okay to suggest that everyone has matching suits for swim meets but I think it's a silly idea for swim practices. Don't let "the man" tell you what to wear and what to think!

How did they let a nonconformist into that country anyway?

Linea said...

Really? Most of my teams had matching training suits - mainly because it's cheaper to order in bulk. The other reason was b/c kids just wore their old meet suits for training. Yet another reason was because we sometimes had more than one team training in the same pool at the same time so in that case it became a team pride thing.