Friday, April 27, 2007

Congratulations Mad Ducks & Dogs


This is a little late, but a huge congrats to my college swim team for it's 9th & 6th straight Mid-West Conference Championship! When I joined the team in 1996, it has been a few years since the team had won and with a new coach, the team was still re-building and growing. I was there when the winning streak started and it was so exciting to watch and be apart of...even if I wasn't part of the scoring swimmers! I honestly believe that one of the reasons we were so successful was because our team-spirit was was contagious! It was a full-time job cheering for swimmers and divers. If you weren't warming-up or cooling down, you were at the end of the lane or at the side yelling for someone! And before every home meet, the team stands around the pool and leads everyone in pool hokey-pokey. The lyrics are almost the same, but adjusted a little: right foot, left foot, right hand, left hand, head, butt, and mad dog/duck (use your imagination).

I miss the team-spirit. I hope someday I'll be able to join a more competitive and team-spirited masters team. Hmm...I wonder if there are Masters teams in the Middle East?

(I found these pics on the internet...thanks someone)

2 comments:

Joe said...

> I was there when the
> winning streak started

Perhaps you were the talisman, whose simple presence was responsible for the winning.

Kirsten said...

seeing as how i was just standing on the side of the pool watching others rack up the points...i don't think so! the coach is AMAZING!!!!