Saturday, October 15, 2005

From the Beginning

I've been swimming since before I could walk and talk. And I'm a pisces, so I love being in the water. I can't ever remember a time when I didn't look forward to swim lessons or going to the pool with friends. And whenever we took trips, I always requested a hotel with a pool. After I finished swim lessons, I joined the swim team. When I wasn't swimming I was lifeguarding, but I was always at the pool.


I continued swimming and lifeguarding at Grinnell College. I have NEVER been a star or super fast, but I always loved it. Although I haven't always loved practicing, but no pain, no gain! I've never been fast, but swimming is one thing I have done my whole life. And I love it. It's a sport I plan to continue the rest of my life. I'm hoping by keeping a record of my workouts I can challenge myself to swim more, swim faster and keep a competitive edge with myself even if I'm not competing.

In college, the women's mascot was a duck, and we called ourselves the "Mad Ducks."

I will forever be "A Mad Duck."

No comments: