Monday, May 15, 2006

2600m

Warm-up
600s/400p/200k/200IM drill

Sets
5x50 fly drills
5x50 back drills
5x50 brst drills
3x75 fly/back/brst
25 ez fr

Cool Down
200s

Total: 2600m 1hr. 40min.

It felt good to be back in the water after a 2 week hiatus (family visit & travel). Tonight was a Masters practice, but I was able to get in early and do a proper warm-up. And they started our sets a bit earlier too, so the fast lane was able to finish 1000m. Finally! It's the most meterage I've done in awhile...felt good!! But I have to say, I was watching the kids team in the next two lanes practice and I was envious! They were swimming longer sets on timed intervals. I feel like I've just joined adult swim lessons! Drills aren't bad, I just need to get my butt in gear and get back to the pool on a more regular basis so I can supplement the drill workouts. Maybe tomorrow??

2 comments:

Joe said...

2600m! Way to go!

Kirsten said...

let's hope I can get more in today! the goal is to get back up to 3000m!