Friday, August 11, 2006

Tai Chi & 2100m

Warm-up:
600s/400k/100s

Sets:
6x100 on 2:15 (IM, Fr, Brst)
100scull
100IM k

Cool Down
200s

Total: 2100 1 hr.

This morning I spent 2 hours with about 30 teachers from my district learning Tai Chi. Given that all the instruction was in Japanese, I probably missed a few key points about the art/excercise form. But I was able to follow the movements. We did a lot of stretching and practiced a routine that lasted a few minutes. Moving that slow doesn't really appeal to me, but I see how it could be meditative and relaxing

After skipping out early on work again, I headed to the pool to cool off. Seriously, this heat is ridiculous! It's probably a combo of the tatemon festival, my long pull set on monday, biking in the heat and tai chi....but I felt so sluggish today. I could barely get through my warm-up. It felt good to cool off though. Probably my last swim for a week (or two), but I hope not!!!

2 comments:

Joe said...

Did you make subtle meditative moaning noises as you did your Tai Chi routine?

Kirsten said...

no, it was totally SILENT!!!