Sunday, April 30, 2006

Asobimasita

500s/200k IM/100IM/150s

I saw two of my elementary students as I was buying my ticket for the pool. Usually my students at that age are pretty shy. But these two girls found me in my lane and said hi. Then a few minutes later I saw them running around on deck. I realized after about 100m that they were trying to meet me at one end but didn't know where I was gonna stop. Finally I looked up and they asked if I'd go play with them. I said--5min! So they were back in 3 min running around again trying to wave me down! When kids are that eager, you just can't say no!! So I swam less than 1000m today, but I spent a good 30 min in the kiddie pool playing Marco-Polo and doing acrobatic swimming. When I finally asked how long they were staying they got the idea that we should go and play outside in the playground. So, we changed and off we went to the playground--firepoles, swings, see-saws, balance beams, etc. And then it started raining and their dad came to collect them!

I had big hopes of getting two big swims in this weekend, but with cleaning and preparing for the parental visit--it didn't happen!! By the time I got to the pool today it was more out of desperate need to shower than swim! So, I got what I needed! And I got to be 8 again!

No comments: