Tuesday, June 06, 2006

2000m +bike

Warm-up:
500s/300k

Sets:
800RIM (linea style)
2x100IM

Cool Down
200s

Total: 2000m 1hr

Plus 13km on the bike today. I felt it in my legs a little bit after school today. I've ridden my bike for 10 straight days! As long as the weather is good, I plan to bike to my mountain school tomorrow. I think I'll give myself 40minutes to get there. It usually takes 20minutes by car.

Three Masters swimmers were at the pool tonight. They all commented on the video and watching my "kirei" strokes! I'm so glad I wasn't there for the viewing! But they said I could borrow it and watch it. Hurray! I tried coaching two of them in breastroke pull tonight, but with the language barrier, there is only so much demonstration you can do.

My chlorine allergy combined with hayfever is out of hand! I was sneezing under water tonight. And it's gotten to the point where it's just the constant nasal drip...drip, drip, drip! All the time!

3 comments:

Joe said...

> 800RIM

800 meters REVERSE IM? Egad, I couldn't imagine doing 200 fly at the end of an 800.

> They all commented on the video and
> watching my "kirei" strokes!

So they said your stroke is "beautiful"? Nice!

> My chlorine allergy combined with hayfever
> is out of hand!

I had a similar problem a few months ago. Check out this post (and similar posts) on usms.org:

http://www.usms.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2645

I tried using nose plugs but I felt like I couldn't breath. Ultimately, what worked well for me was just avoiding doing backstroke for a couple of practices until the problem cleared up. Backstroke is notorious for nasal irritation!

Kirsten said...

I cheated on the 800RIM.....I did fly drill by 25's!

I seem to be allergic regardless of what I swim...but I don't need an excuse to avoid back. thanks!

Linea said...

yeah...800RIM is usually like this:

200Free
2x100Breast -work on long underwater pulls
4x50Back -work on turns, long kick outs
8x25Fly -long kick outs and less than 10 strokes

k- I should have joined you. let me know next time. I wimped out and just biked to the beach and back.