Friday, June 09, 2006

Wet'n Wild

This is a picture of the pool building. The pool is under the big dome to the right. I've been meaning to take a picture of the inside, but haven't gotten to it yet. It's pretty impressive for a rural pool. I think there are 8 lanes! That's bigger than my college pool. Two lanes are always dedicated to walkers. And there is almost always some team or another practicing in at least one of the lanes. But luckily, there is NEVER open swim. It is always a lap pool. They have a little baby pool for the kids. But kids don't really do recreation swim like they do in the states.

Today Linea and I decided to brave the rain and bike to the pool! We were drenched by the time we got there, but what did it matter, we were getting in the pool. We just did a warm-up. It was getting dark and we didn't want to bike back on wet dark streets! The bike ride is exactly 10k each direction. About 30 minutes each way. Luckily, the rain had stopped by the time we got out. Wearing wet clothes home wasn't much fun!

Swim:
700s
8x25 fly 1:00
400k (fr/brst)
200s

Swim Total: 1500m 40min.
Bike Total: 20km 1hr.

I've had my bike for 13 days, I've ridden every day. I've clocked 200km!

6 comments:

Joe said...

Cool looking pool building!

>Two lanes are always dedicated
> to walkers.

Ya, I heard that they are teaching people to walk on water in Japan. Pretty impressive.

Kirsten said...

Yikes, I shouldn't have leaked it. They're trying to keep it a secret until they can perfect the art.

Joe said...

Hehe. Man, I'm so envious of you sometimes. You're such a world traveller and adventurer.

Damien said...

シさタ ケ - げんき ですか。私は泳ぐも。

Kirsten said...

damian--u speak nihongo?? segoi! doshte?
(I don't have nihongo on my home pasocon)

joe--anyone can be a world traveler!!! take your family and go on a world running tour! run a marathon on each continent! that would be fun, if I liked running!

Kirsten said...

damian--u speak nihongo?? segoi! doshte?
(I don't have nihongo on my home pasocon)

joe--anyone can be a world traveler!!! take your family and go on a world running tour! run a marathon on each continent! that would be fun, if I liked running!