Monday, September 04, 2006

2100m

Warm-up
1000s/100k/200p/100k

Breast Set
2x50 k
3x50 drill k (push kick)
2x50 drill k (on side)
2x50 p
2x25 sprint w/start
(treading water with hands above water inbetween each 50)

Cool Down
200s

Total: 2100m 1hr. 40min.

Masters Practice: I made sure to get there early to get a good warm-up in before the "lesson" started, as they call it. It really is basically a swim lesson. It isn't aerobic and it isn't meant to be. It's only drill work. And the coach spends a lot of time teaching people how to swim. It's never bad to do drills--helps me get to know my body better in the water I guess. But with the meet less than 2 months away, I feel like we should be working on something else. Oh well. I led all the sets. And because there were about 16 people in our lane, there was A LOT of rest time. Hence, the coach suggested we tread water--BRILLANT idea!! At least it kept my heart rate up a little.

One swimmer asked me if we have breaststroke in Canada. 1) I'm the blonde from America. 2) Duh, of course!! I did't learn it yesterday. Swimming isn't unique to Japan. Oh my!

I gotta decide what I wanna swim in the meet by Sept 19th!!! Yikes!

No comments: