Saturday, September 30, 2006

22km + 2250m

Biked to the pool

Warm-up:
600s/600p/200k/200k brst

Sets
4x100IM :30sec rest

Cool Down
200s 50 scull

Biked Home

Total: 22km 50 min & 2250m 1hr.

It felt good to be on my bike again. I rode it everyday to/from school this week, but I only had one long ride. And the pool felt amazing today, not too hot or too cold. But I think I drank too much of my amino sports drink before getting in because I started to cramp up in my abdomen. I kinda wanted to do more, but the cramping was slowing me down. After my first 600, the ladies in the lane next to me decided they HAD to tell me what a great swimmer I was. It's nice to get compliments, but after awhile, it's a bit much. They said they had been watching the old grandpa in the next lane over (who was trying to keep my pace) and thought he was a fast swimmer until I got in and then they realized that he might be fast, but his stroke wasn't very pretty. He splashes a lot. But apparently I have a nice gentle stroke with no splash. And they said I'm fast and have a beautiful stroke! Since I haven't seen myself swim in about 6 years, it's nice to know that others think I have a nice stroke.....but it's always a bit embarrasing and akward. Maybe more importantly....I understood all that in Japanese! But I still couldn't say a word back to them. Agh!

2 comments:

Joe said...

Ugh, you did sculling without a coach making you do it? I hate sculling.

BTW, I like the visitor locations thingy on your sidebar.

Kirsten said...

dude, it's GREAT for the forearms!! And it looks cool. toes and head out of the water...just moving your hands, everyone stares and wants to know what the crazy foreigner is up to now.