Sunday, September 10, 2006

Windsurfing

I had good intentions of biking to the beach but I slept in and it looked like rain. It was a good thing I didn't bike, as my new teacher called it a day (for me) it started POURING! And I mean POURING!!

I've NEVER windsurfed before. So it wasn't much of a workout. But I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow. I spent about an hour actually in the water on the board trying to get the windsail up. Learning balance especially with the waves and wind was a challenge. I managed to get the sail fully up once and sailed right into shore. Oh well! At least I got it up.

It was a lot of fun! I hope I can do it again. The guys I met today go almost year around. The best season is June-September when there is an East Wind. But they go in the winter too!!! Crazy.

No comments: